Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Did I Retire or am I only Imagining it?

This morning, as Steve and I were standing in the kitchen at 8:15 drinking coffee, we got to chatting about retirement. He said "I think we already did."

I had to think about that one. We both work long hours. I am usually not home until 9pm or later from teaching yoga classes or meeting with clients. So did we retire and not realize it? We think we did!

Steve gets to plan his days. He is busy beyond busy with projects for homeowners. He went from roofing a garage to painting a living room to completing a deck in the course of about 12 hours. He is the guy who shows up on time, works like crazy to finish your project and cleans up after himself when he is done, thus, he gets alot of work!  Why does he think he is retired? BECAUSE HE LOVES WHAT HE DOES!

When you get to spend your day doing things you enjoy, rather than looking at the clock constantly you can feel like you aren't working.  There is an old saying "Find something you love to do and you will never work a day in your life". I am totally in agreement!

Yes, my day started this morning around 8am. I returned phone calls and emails, planned my yoga classes for tonight, put together a spreadsheet for an accounting client and reconciled a client checking account. I also did a one hour workout, got chili started in the crockpot, cleaned the cat litter and the bathroom and took a shower! This afternoon I talked with a wellness client on the phone to go through her plan for this coming week for fitness, food and work (she also works from home!!).  We also discussed and shared some personal development information.

All in all, it has been a very productive day. It is almost 4pm, and I need to get dressed to go teach yoga. It seems like my day has just started and NOW I get to spend the evening with some of my favorite people! My YoGa StUdEnTs!! 

Yes, I guess I am retired in my own special way. I work 10-12 hours a day, doing things I absolutely love to do . Of course there are those moments when I have to do a task I don't enjoy, but all-in-all, I wouldn't change a thing. Tomorrow? More of the same! Maybe I will get to visit my granddaughter. Another perk of working from home!! Would you like to learn how to join me? I can help you find your passion if you are interested!

Have a great rest of your Wednesday!
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment